Friday, December 12, 2008

A friend's gifts


I love getting cards. A good friend of mine made me this gorgeous one today. I had to take time to share it, I just love it so.
Look at the inside. She always adds such detail to anything she makes.


Then she knew I love Marie Antoinette, so she made me this charm bracelet:

Just full of such lovely charms, many hand done:



Look at the details to the box it came in:

And if that wasn't enough, she made me my very own rag quilt! I told her I'm not sharing it with anyone. LOL Not even my dogs!



Pretty colorful pinks and turquoises, my favorite colors! It is so soft and she always has the freshest smelling stuff! She hangs things outside in the fresh air, and I tell you there is nothing like it!
My Christmas started early today, thanks to a friend who knows me so well.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Betzie, you have been WELL gifted...the detail, the exquisite work...these will be cherished to be sure!!

And the C.S. Lewis quote is fitting and so true.

LW said...

What wonderful gifts, what a wonderful friend...

Louise

Shopgirl said...

Snuggle up under that soft colorful quilt....it looks like a real warm fuzzy. What would we do without our friends.
Your, Mary

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, you got some wonderful things. Your friend is very talented!

CathWren said...

That bracelet is beautiful, and how thoughtful that you made something she knew you would love.

Merry Christmas Betzie!

Sandra Evertson said...

The cards are delightful and that bracelet is just lovely!
Sandra Evertson

Followers