
Here is one of my dolls I made for my theatre. I used a simple bottle with a cork, added a skirt and vintage tulle to fill it out underneath. Used an old half doll and attached to the cork. Added old millinery flowers and gave the doll a handmade wig...using sheep's wool. Then just filled the bottle with lavender so she'd smell good wherever she went!

This is one of my favorite scenes. The candle flickers and is reflected in the old etched mirror underneath. The background was collaged using decorative cardstock, a copy of an old painting of Marie, German dresden,rubber stamps,old teal velvet ribbon, and other mixed media.
Keep coming back as I add bits and pieces of my theatre each week until I finally show it's entirety.
7 comments:
This is really pretty, you do have a flair. I will be looking for more, this is really special. How did you ever think of this??? Hugs, Mary
Hi Betzie, Wow, this one is gorgeous too. You are so talented. Can't wait to see what you add next. Thank you for stopping by my porch party and for your kind comments. See you again soon!
Celestina,
la rea rose
Betzie!
This is wonderful!! I love all the elements you used. You my dear have a wonderful eye!
Hugs!
Nancy
What fun you have been having..You put it all together so well. I really like the idea of the bottle doll. She turned out very pretty. My computer was down for about two weeks so I have not been around.
BE BLESSED :-)
I will be checking back to see the progression of the theatre.
Realy enjoyed your blog today
Glad I stumbled upon it
Tina
This is beautiful! I love the idea of the doll being made from a bottle filled with lavender - clever! ::Jill
Betzie, this is exquisite! You put a lot of your heart and soul into this and it shows -- the entire theatre is going to be incredible, I know it!
Post a Comment