
***CLICK ALL PHOTOS TO ENLARGE****
I decided to start the party early here, as tomorrow me and the mateeees are off to sea! No time for anything else than sailing, so I best get this swashbucklin' swashing here tonight! The above is my dad as a little boy. I had to let him come too!
When I was a little girl, I had a favorite book and it was called:

I see this cover and get goosebumps because it was one of those books that just got my heart racing....

Filled with stories, poems, and pictures that took me away to some far off land of hidden treasures, lost islands, ghostly pirates, and ships in bottles. It was my brother's book, but who says little girls can't play Pirates??? Afterall, Eloise did!!!

I loved these cute little dancing guys and gals!

But who can be a pirate without a treasure chest????

I found this old little chest in an antique store, added some gold to it and look at the design that appeared! Like magic!

But inside low and behold was a mermaid and jewels and a treasure map!



Ahhh..to be a mermaid and sleep in a treasure chest all day!
And last but not least, Marie Antoinette, insisted I bring her to the party too. Hope y'all don't mind, but she dressed for the occasion and this is one of her pics I really love. She's kind of boyish I think, but so fitting for the occassion.

So let's sail away my friends from all our woes and all our cares and be free to sing and dance and celebrate all our treasures forever and ever............
Because we all will have...........
19 comments:
I love a treasure chest! As a child I always played with boys, and burried tresure chests. With a childs eye, everything could be a treasure!
Liisa
I didn't know that Eloise had a pirate adventure, and I do lover her so. I love your books and your little pirate chest, but I adore your mermaid creation. Such a lovely gentle pirate post with charming pirate inspiration. Karen
Eloise ROCKS! Lucky you to find such a treasure chest. Enjoy the Soiree!
Love the dancing guys and gals!
Such fun!
Constance
Ah, t'was a rare and beeyootiful adventure to the land o' yer chil'hood, an' seein' yer sweet father as a chile' as well. Marie Antoinette did 'erself proud to join ye wi' us at the soirée o' the year! A tankard a rum to ye!
Christine
Zwee!!!!!!!!!
I love your treasure chest! The illustration with the clown took my breath away. It is so cool!
xx Nancy
Love the treasure chest, and all of the pirate themed tidbits that you shared!
Love the treasure chest, just stopping by all wonderful blogs in this swashbuckling event!
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!
Love your chest...and all of your little treasures.
Have a fun day!
Nancy
Didn't *you* happen upon a treasure?! That chest is terrific! Love the eye patch on your pooch too ;- )
Magpie Sue
I've not spotted many mermaids on our voyage today so this is perfection. And to sleep in a treasure chest... it doeasn't get any better than that! Happy you sailed along with me!
D.
I wonder if Amelia Bedelia has a pirate story? I am a ponderin what I have to do to avail meself of that sweet little mermaid and her treasure box - a treasure indeed!
i love books like that! i love the memories thati get, especially when i come across a book or story that i forgot about!! your treasure chest is awesome. enjoy your booty! have a fabulous sunday!
jenny
Just a lovely post.
Karen
aaarrr matey...a right swashbuckler you are!! What a delightful post!
I'm enjoying your post so much, it is always light, fun and uplifting.What a GREAT ADVENTURE, I thought your mermaid living in the chest was great and the picture of you with wings and a pirate hat, the patch on your dogs eye, well it was all swell. I hope you don't mind I mentioned your post on mine. BE BLESSED :-)
I love Eloise, and I didn't get to go on this adventure with her.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful treasure....
Hugs, Mary
What a wonderful story and I'd love to get my hands on that treasure chest! What a wonderful blog you have... I'll be back to visit you again!
xoxo
Karen
HAhahaa!!! Loooved your post!! Oh to always be childlike is my one hearts desire!!! And, the mermaid!! In a treasure box!!! Swooon!
Post a Comment