Saturday, April 21, 2007

Puppies have arrived



My Cavalier had her babies the other night. It was a tough delivery for her. The first one was breached and I had to pull to help her get him out of there. I knew I had to be quick or else he'd suffocate in the birth canal. Not easy...I thought sure he was dead, but I worked on him with an aspirator and chest massage, and sure enough, he gasped air and perked up! The last one came out head first but she was big as well and by that time my poor girl had about had it. I walked her around and after a bit, got that one out too. They are all doing great! I'm excited at the possibility of keeping one for show. I have wonderful homes waiting for them as well, just as excited as I am!
Here's a shot of them all nursing away! My husband calls them little "Gateway Cows".

2 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, they're so cute! I love the "Gateway Cows" name!!

Beemoosie said...

How sweet!

Followers