
I love this saying. Isn't it neat how once in a while you can meet someone and immediately feel like you've known them for a long time? I wonder how often this happens in the average person's life? I can't say it's happened that often in mine. My roommate in college was a kindred soul of mine, and since then, I can think of maybe three others that I could say I've met that fit that description, but they are like rare gems. It's such a strong connection, that you wonder if you could have known them in another life at another time.
I think you can have a "kindred soul" in a dog or a pet as well. I have one dog that I just adore to the core....she knows me and I know her so well. That bond is so strong and she's just more special to me than other dogs I've known. Here's her photo. I treasure her...as much as I do those human souls that have touched my life, in such a way that we know we understand each other and share something special that goes beyond words.
1 comment:
I, too, have met people like that. It's always just a bit surprising at first but then it just becomes like a comfortable pair of shoes. They just "fit" with you.
I think we can have that same bond with animals. They all have different personalities....some that fit with us and some that don't. Your dog is so pretty. And how lucky you both are to have each other.
Post a Comment