
I love antiques and thinking about who owned them long ago. I never liked antique dolls that much, most scare me, but this is one that spoke to me. She's a German Kestner from the late 1800's, and the Teddy next to her is one I made at least ten years ago. He's a patchwork bear of old tapestries, velvets, and damasks. I did some embroidery on him, and hope he might last a long time so that one day,he'll turn into an heirloom for someone else to wonder about.
3 comments:
I love old things, too and always wish they could talk to me and tell me where they came from and all about the lives they've had belonging to other people. And I'm not much of a doll person either but I do like your teddy as well as the idea of doing some extra embroidery on him.
It is so much fun thinking about who belonged to old old things...I have a chinahead doll from the 1860's, and she stands in my living room. Gosh, her eyes have seen a lot of things,and I'm sure she is amazed at all the change! You're right, if only they could talk...
Years ago I had a teddy collection but have since down sized it to a few favorites. I always wanted to make one but somehow never got around to it. Yours is beautiful and will truly be a treasure to someone someday.
Post a Comment