This is one of my favorite dolls. I love her simplicity and she is known as a wooden penny peg doll, hand carved and painted many years ago. I saw a few of these at Williamsburg last spring and went on a mad hunt to find one at a reasonable price. They can be found for much less money than composition or bisque dolls and yet most are much older than those. 

I was so happy to find this girl especially because she was all original and dressed in PINK! She measures 14.5" and she even has a matching bonnet! Her dress is so sweet...a tiny print of roses. It's frail but really in wonderful condition for it's age and I doubt she was ever played with very much.
16 comments:
She is a beauty! I never ever see them up here! Dressed in pink on top, it doesn't get any better! Have a great pink Saturday!
Oh wow, what a find--she's beautiful!!
What a wonderful doll! They are awfully hard to come by around here!
Debbie
Happy PS!
In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes Match this purse?"
I'm not really a doll person, but this one is charming! I love her clothing - those pantaloons are too cute! ::Jill
What an absolutely charming doll!
Joyce M
What an interesting doll and story behind her. I have not seen one of these. Thanks for featuring such a great post.
Wow! What a beauty she looks so frail and delicate! What a treasure! Hope you are having a great Pink Saturday and a wonderful weekend! Sherri : )
OH my she is so beautiful... the detail is so gorgeous.. she looks like she was well loved,,, and taken great care too.... love the sweet dress.... Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs;
Alaura
Very nice - Happy late Pink Saturday!
I Love her! What a great find...she is so spring...can you tell I am ready for the SPRING!
think Flowers, Mary
As you can guess I really love your wonderful doll she is just perfect in her sweet little pink dress.
I bet you smile each time you pass her way.
Louise
Wow, she is really something special. I love the way that she looks like she has been so loved before. What a great find and a treasure, Happy Pink Saturday and please forgive my tardiness, Char
Thank you sweet girl for your comment.
I have not been able ot find my first love. Doing this page brought back a lot of memories, and I would love to know how he is doing. He even came to see me after I was married to see if I was happy. He will always be apart of me. We were just to young to know up from down and I found myself falling in love with my Arney. Some things are just not ment to be...but I treasure the memories. Have a great day, Mary
Hello Betzie,
I think she is just lovely. I wonder how old she is :-)Her dress is pretty and how cute that she's wearing a bloomer (ok it's not a bloomer cause its longer :-) )
I also like the bangle you made on your previous post.
How are you?
Mizpah,
Li
Hi Betzie,
What a treasure your doll is. Gorgeous dress and details. Just amazing and I know perfectly safe with you. You certainly found something great!!
I have missed you and been so very busy with the redo and just everything. My bath finally is finished and I am so glad to be done and back in the studio.
Hope you are doing well and seeing warmer days.
We had snow last weekend.
But Spring is here now and today hit mid 70's.
Happy Spring!
Hugs and blessings,
Your Texas Friend, Celestina Marie
Post a Comment