Saturday, March 27, 2010

New stuff

A few new things to share I've been working on lately.







I painted a wooden bangle in coppers and turquoises.


Added some venetian lace and a turquoise bead and sequin trim...






Found this gorgeous sequined butterfly embellishment which
I stiffened just a bit with some stiffening fabric spray.
Ready to wear for spring!




Here's another bracelet I covered in gaffer's tape, sealed with decoupage and just added some big old buttons with some newer little ones to add a touch of sparkle. The only thing I find is some times with these bangles, once you cover them, it makes them smaller. So if you want a medium, order a large, or if you need a large, order an extra large.


I like how this one turned out. Simple but the black and white old buttons just went so well together.



I get the bangles HERE I like the wider ones because you can do more to them, but lots of fun and you can make them fairly quickly and easily.




I've seen a lot of these cuff bracelets around in the magazines lately, so decided to try one of them as well. I'm not into lime green, but


I have a niece that is so I made this with her in mind.
Lots of bright neon type

colors and I added Martha Stewarts fancy glitters as well which really

do make a statement and give a nice finishing touch.






I loved this metal stamping for the closure. It just fit perfectly over the circle, which I added magnets to so it just snaps shut. It can be made shorter or longer. I used interfacing on the inside, painted it and also added angelina fibers to make the inner circles sparkle a bit.


Added a few varied colored crystals and zig zagged in lime green thread all through the material. This worked out well in pulling it all together and holding it all together! ***Note my zig zagging is not perfectly straight, but I think it just adds a bit more character that way. :)



This one takes more time to make, but I was happy with the end result and hope my niece will like her one of a kind bracelet! Oh, had to add the "love" charm and the hook...figured she might add a key or a charm of her own.


Have a great week and thanks for visiting as always!!


~~Betzie~~

6 comments:

Debi said...

Beautiful bangels! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love your bracelets!
xox
Debi

Cottage Rose said...

Love your bangles, you have a wonderful talent,,,,she is going to love it.... I just love the one with the butterfly,,, have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Betzie, I've been MIA lately and will be again due to some things going on in my life, but I wanted to drop by and visit with you!

Love your bracelets. You always make the neatest things.

Hope you have a great week ahead...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Betzie,

They are gorgeous and interesting. NOw that is one goo combo :-) And I'm sure your niece will love her new cuff. You made it one fun cuff for her.

Mizpah,
Li

Terri Kahrs said...

WoW! Each one of your bangles is sooooo wonderful! They're really statement pieces! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Betzie, Been thinking of you and I can see you have been busy creating your gorgeous treasures. I love these bracelets. The black and white is gorgeous and the one for your niece. She will love it.

Hope you are enjoying warmer days and had a nice Easter. We have warmed up too and it has been nice to be in the garden once again.
Have a great week.
Sending big HUGS,
Love, Celestina Marie

Followers