Saturday, October 04, 2008

Growing up

One of my favorite sayings is:

IT'S MANDATORY TO GROW OLD, BUT OPTIONAL TO GROW UP!

I've been playing!!!

... with my digital editing. The thing is, I'm not sure I'm really creating anything, but it's fun just experimenting....

I started with this photo.



Then I cut it out and colored it and pasted it on some wallpaper.


Another color...


Back to the original color but this time I gave her a pink crown I made digitally and a butterfly graphic I found here from the Graphics Fairy.



Look at this gorgeous art deco embroidery piece, another wonderful background for my girl here.



Okay, so this time, I added a quote and I changed her to a black and white image.


Next I changed the frame around her to give it a little more depth.



She still didn't look as "mysterious" as I wanted her to, so I used a gradient to engulf her and changed it's coloring.



One last version...a digital background and an edging,I think this is my favorite. So now what to do with it?



Keep playing whenever you get the chance...

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Well Betzie, I don't know what you'll do with this but it's gorgeous and I love how you progressed with the piece. Some of the best art is created when we play around! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend...keep playing!

Judypatooote said...

WOW...that looks great....and what program did you use to create this lovely piece? judy

Shopgirl said...

I think this is really fun, something new a different. You are going to have to much fun.
Talking about fun....if you go take a peek at my blog...you will find that I along with Julie are having a challenge. An Award too!
It could be fun!
Mary

Followers